Responsible to: Group Finance Manager
About the role:
This role has primary responsibility for the daily processing of accounting information, assisting with the preparation of quarterly management and annual financial accounts.
The general office and accounting administrative support provided by this role ensures that we maintain an efficient and effective finance function.
Main Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Processing Accounting Information
- produce and account for supplier invoices
- reconcile and account for supplier expenses which are recoverable from tenants where appropriate
- generate rental charges monthly for residential and car parking tenants and quarterly for commercial tenants
- post bank and cheque receipts daily
- chase arrears balances
- produce payments relating to GST and VAT returns
- review processing of petty cash and credit card invoices
- process interest payable journals
- complete quarter end prepaid rental income journals
- process accruals and prepayments
- resolve queries on supplier invoices as they arise
- verify that transactions are recorded in the correct company, tenant ledger, suppliers ledger and general ledger
- account for journals in relation to intercompany transactions and ensuring these reconcile between the individual companies/parent
- reconcile property managers invoices/tenant schedules and follow up queries as this arise
- complete month end processes including closing general ledgers
- processing fixed assets and depreciation
- assist with year-end accounts preparation through producing supporting schedules, reconciling to TB and supporting documentation for transactions
- assist the annual audit process dealing with auditor queries
- rolling over year end and archiving
2. Accounting and Financial Controls
- assist the Group Finance Manager in preparing the quarterly management accounts, including the consolidation process for the Group
- assist the Group Finance Manager in preparing the annual budget
- assist the Group Finance Manager in responding to auditor questions and providing supporting documentation and reconciliations.
3. Cash Management
- monitor bank accounts daily ensuring sufficient cash balances in all accounts
- complete monthly bank reconciliations
- reconcile bank accounts to receipts
- reconcile loan payments on a quarterly basis ensuring accuracy of interest and capital repayments
- monitoring loan analysis including maturity dates
- preparing loan covenant compliance statements
4. Cheque Payment and BACS Receipts and Payments
- manage and process monthly EQ payments run
- set up and process monthly BACS car parking rental receipts
- set up and process monthly BACS supplier invoice payments
- manage the BACS collections processing liaising with Audis as required
- manage the BACS payments processing liaising with the bank help desk as required
- update tenant and supplier bank details as required
- chase up debtors when required and responding to ad hoc requests from tenants (email and phone)
- Process ad hoc EQ payments when required
5. Office Related
- prepare monthly salaries schedules and set up bank payment
- ensure monthly social security/ITIS payment is made by due date
- half yearly completion of Regulation of Undertakings form online
- assisting colleagues in some of their role duties when experiencing busy periods, including board minute preparation
- liaise with external computer consultants when problems arise or changes to software required including Dynamics, CRM and banking software
7. Managing Agents
- liaise with the group’s residential property managing agents in UK and Jersey
- review and process client statement information received ensuring accuracy of the information provided and dealing with any queries directly
- to assist the team with other projects and duties as and when directed
- being flexible to support the head office team in completing/supporting them in completing their responsibilities as and when required.
Knowledge, skills, attributes and experience:
- previous accounts/finance experience particularly with use of Dynamics; this isn’t essential as full training will be provided.
- attention to detail and accurate with data entry; a methodical mind-set to follow processes and cross-check information.
- strong time management and organisational skills to meet monthly deadlines and forward planning to ensure month/quarter end processes are completed on time.
- computer literate including basic word processing and spread sheet skills are desirable, although training will be provided.
- enthusiastic and enjoys working within a small team, with a willingness to contribute to the effective operations of the finance and wider team.
- numerate and possess a reasonable pass grade at GCSE Mathematics or equivalent.
- motivated to keep learning and developing; the role holder may be required to successfully complete professional qualifications as part of their successful career development within this role. Initially this is likely to be working towards the IAB qualification (Levels 1 – 4) and ultimately towards the CAT/AAT qualification.
- good interpersonal skills are required to develop close working relationships with colleagues, Director, business contacts and suppliers.
- Communicating effectively to maintain a professional and positive work environment.
Dynamics: This relates to Microsoft Dynamics GP which is a financial accounting system used by Le Masurier.
CRM: Customer Relationship Management system which is used for property, tenant and lease details are retained and rental invoices generated.
EQ: Online banking system which is used for RBSi and Natwest bank accounts.
BACS: Electronic system used to make payments directly from one bank account to another.
How to apply
If you want to discuss the role or to apply, please email your CV to:
Kate Le Cornu
The closing date for applications is October 4th 2019.
Developer Opus Land recently completed a forward funded project with Le Masurier on a £9 million, 100,000 sq ft warehouse for First Choice Catering Spares in Cannock.
From the first contact Le Masurier were willing to work in partnership with us, resulting in a property development to be proud of.
It was a seamless and efficient partnership and we are very optimistic that we will work together on property investment and development projects again in the future.
Investec Private Banking is proud to have worked with commercial property investment client, Le Masurier, as funding partner on the significant development at Kingswood Lakeside, Cannock in Staffordshire.
The £9m project sees 100,000 square feet of pre-let prime warehouse and office space completed on a 5.8 acre site in March 2017.
Working with Le Masurier, Investec designed a bespoke forward funding package on a structured ‘development to investment’ basis. Investec has worked alongside Le Masurier on a number of complex and high profile real estate projects.
Liberty was seeking a forward funding partner, for our proposed Marks & Spencer Food Hall development in Stone. We received a number of bids, but having met Brian at Le Masurier, it was plain to us this was an investor we could trust and deal with.
All negotiations have been conducted in a very open, fair and constructive manner, which has provided Liberty with the confidence and certainty that we were dealing with a financially sound, reputable funder.
We have kept Le Masurier fully advised through all the planning negotiations and procurement process and it has been a real pleasure and delight to work with an investor, with honesty and integrity. Liberty would have no hesitation in undertaking further developments with Le Masurier as our funding partner and would recommend them to other developers, as a trustworthy Fund, who can deliver.